What do you see?

At first I wanted to name this, “the picture no one appreciated!”
The setting was 80th birthday celebrations of my grandfather. Day 1 was Rudra Homam and Day 2 was the actual function. While day 2 was going to be captured by a professional photographer, day 1 was commissioned to me.
I soon got tired of taking pics of the happenings of the day and my cute cousins, and shifted to the below type of photographs.
After the function, I was showing the pictures to everyone. From the “oh I look terrible in that pic”, to “nice shot of the function”, to “awwwww” for my cute cousin snaps, the below met with, “why on earth would you take a snap of the fire?”. And this was the response from my generation as well. To which my response was, “how on earth can I not? It’s shining, it’s dancing, and it’s pretty much begging me to take its snap!!” My question on what they could see in the snap was not heard (alright, ignored!)

My photographic eye has been usually appreciated by my family, but it looked like I had crossed some line this time. Perhaps they find fire somewhat inauspicious to be photographed- or just weird... M just taking a guess..

Yet I think fire makes an interesting subject for a photograph….it can be seen differently by different people... And this brings me to the title question… What do you see?




I see a graceful Swan….and a sea horse.. a crude hook....and old man praying with his head bowed or perhaps sleeping on a chair with a blanket on his lap...a giant's finger...

Every time I look at it, I can see something different...!

Disclaimer: I am not a professional amateur. I like to take photographs, but I really don’t know all the fancy terms about photography- yet. And oh, the  above was taken by some Samsung Point n Shoot model- so forgive me if its not perfect!

Comments

I see a dog. Probably one whose tail has been just stepped upon and the dog jumps in reflex trying to see over his back.
Road Trip 2020 said…
Every time I look at it, I can see something different...! -- Perhaps you should wear your glasses next time you see this pic :P

jokes apart... nice pic and nice words... actually theres no boundary for what you can justifiably immagine... and you have got that gift of seeing things... seriously...

everytime i see this pic... i only see fire!!

Popular posts from this blog

What I learnt @ Singapura....

A Sense of Direction....

Of all things lost...