Of all things lost...


When I was a small girl,
Joy made my heart unfurl,
When dad came home early,
Or mom called me a fairy,
With a sparkling eye I beheld every second,
The outside world was yet to beckon…

I've seen now the ways of the world,
Fought every battle life hurled, 
Yet even as I hope for something unfeigned,
 A sense of awe every time is ripped,
And a scar is deeply inked…
Till all that will remain is a cynical armour,
Of the wide eyed girl full of wonder.

With experiences that burden my shoulder,
Meaninglessly I drift and ponder,
On love and friends, that are gone,
On hopes and dreams bygone,
But of all things that I've lost,
I miss my Innocence the most...
I miss my Innocence the most...

Comments

D said…
wowie... reminds my old days :)
awesome lines...
Good one Ramya !!! Keep going...
Param said…
Good stuff man. I didn't know you write. We have something in common then.

Super vocab and line of thought.
The best part is that its short and conveys so much.
The repitition of the last line is beautiful.

Mast hai Ramu.
Anonymous said…
@ Chan... thanks a lot!

@Param.. thanks so much :)
you must share what you have written!
Dj's Space© said…
Waah! V Nicely written. Simple but profound
Batty said…
Nice stuff....

Popular posts from this blog

What I learnt @ Singapura....

A Sense of Direction....